Saturday 7 July 2012

time marches on

I've had the meadow 2 years now, although planning and preparation to be a custodian of a small project plot of land has been over a longer period...
Two summers in succession appear quite different, last year was rather dry, the newly planted fruit trees requiring additional watering. This year there are flood alerts at what should be the height of summer.
I'm stuck at work at the moment, some weather delays and other issues could overlap into next week's shift change, I'm hoping the travel backlog rapidly clears.
Uncle gave the field a look over, certainly increasing grass growth and a bit damp. The trees with apples on seem to be doing well.
I had a quick look at The Hampton Court Flower Show on T.V. There were a few locally made Gabriel Ash glass-houses in various show gardens.
Timing and my work rota means I haven't been able to visit many shows this year.
Locally, I looking forward to be on a habitat / vegetation course, near to the field with Wildlife Workshops.
The weather will dictate what I do for the rest of June outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment