Tuesday 1 January 2013

2013...

The River Dee at Farndon briefly went out of flood warning conditions over Xmas with the monitoring station near the old Holt / Farndon bridge.
Back at 'warning' status and probably over a 1 metre of water on the field...


I'm away with other work (my full-time job), but doubt the land will be dry for much soon.
The last couple of days nearer home ended up with a quick evening pint in The Bull at Shocklach and some interesting talk about historic landscape features near by.

Meanwhile I have bought a print of the old bridge at Farndon - not as topographically inaccurate as the comment suggests.
I'm wondering if the young tree by the people is actually the now old hollow oak at the end of the board-walk / bottom of Meadow Lane?
I think the artist may have sat on the sandstone outcrop in the field to the south-west of Appleby's Brook.

From http://www.theowlbox.co.uk/ I've ordered owl and dormouse boxes.

Time to review the to-do list and plant list for the year ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment