Tuesday 21 December 2010

conservation & compost

A short while ago I had a chat with a respected local conservationist, he recommended that I looked into waste legislation and the Environment Agency website and exemptions, as arboricultural waste might be useful as compost, conditioning and mulch in my planting schemes...

Well worth looking into, but it won't be something I'll sort with form-filling in just an evening.
Receiving and using appropriate green waste shouldn't be a problem - and I only intend doing so on a small scale, but a transfer licence (£s) and appropriate paperwork will be required for shifting anything (like trailer fulls of dead leaves / tree clippings & shreddings).
May as well include "D3 - Deposit of waste from a portable sanitary convenience" (portaloo) if there is any camping down at the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment